Updated June 29, 2016
- What personally identifiable information of yours is collected through the Site;
- Who collects such information;
- How such information is used;
- With whom your information may be shared;
- What choices you have regarding collection, use and distribution of your information;
- What kind of security procedures are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information under our control; and
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in your information.
What Information We Collect and How We Use That Information
We may collect Personal Information in the following ways:
- We may collect your name, email address, mailing address, and/or telephone number when you sign-up for newsletters or other communications from us and/or when you use our web-based or mobile sites and/or our online donation platform;
- We or our service providers may collect payment card or similar information when you provide it in connection with a donation or other form of transaction;
- We or our service providers may capture the IP address and ID of the device(s) you use to connect to the online service, the type of operating system and browser you use, and information about the site you came from, the parts of our online service you access, the type of device(s) you use and the site you visit next; and
The information we collect may be used in a number of ways, including:
- Processing donation transactions;
- Responding to your requests and communicating with you;
- Performing analytics concerning your use of our online services;
- Providing you content and marketing messages;
- Operating, evaluating and improving our programs;
- Complying with and enforcing applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards, contractual obligations and our policies;
- For any other purposes that we may specifically disclose at the time you provide or we collect your information.
Except as set forth herein, Keep America Beautiful will not sell, rent or transmit personal information in any way to other organizations, companies or individuals.
We may share the information we collect from and about you within our organization and with certain third parties. For example, we may share your information with:
- Our service providers, including credit card processing companies, to process your payments and donations;
- Other Keep America Beautiful operated and affiliated websites, when permissible under relevant laws and regulations;
- Member organizations of our Keep America Beautiful national affiliate network; and
- Other third parties to comply with legal requirements such as the demands of applicable subpoenas and court orders; to address fraud, security or technical issues; to respond to an emergency; or otherwise to protect the rights, property or security of our customers or third parties.
We may also use data that we collect on an aggregate or anonymous basis (meaning it does not identify any individuals) for various purposes, where permissible under applicable laws and regulations, to help deliver products, services, and content that are better tailored to the users of our services and for other purposes.
Internet Protocol Address
We collect an IP address from all visitors to our Site. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet. We use IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our server, administer our Site, analyze trends, track users’ movement, gather broad demographic information for aggregate use in order for us to improve the site, and deliver customized, personalized content. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
Use of “Cookies”
All information provided to Keep America Beautiful is transmitted using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption. SSL is a proven coding system that lets your browser automatically encrypt, or scramble, data before you send it to us. We also protect account information by placing it on a secure portion of our Site that is only accessible by certain qualified employees of Keep America Beautiful. Unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. While we strive to protect your information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of such information.
Our Site contains links to other websites. Please note that when you click on one of these links, you are entering another website for which Keep America Beautiful has no responsibility. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on all such sites as their policies may be different than ours.
Opt-Out of Future Communications
Site users may opt-out from future communications at any time using the links provided in the footer of all outgoing Keep America Beautiful communications (such as email newsletters, fundraising appeals, etc.). If you have created a user account on our site, you can customize your preferences on your user profile page at any time. You may also remove your name from our lists by contacting email@example.com.
Contacting the Website
Keep America Beautiful
1010 Washington Blvd.
Stamford, CT 06901
You can also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.