Keep America Beautiful Inc., a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization (“KAB”) hereby grants you permission to use the Keep America Beautiful® trademarks and program names related to America Recycles Day® (the “Marks”), subject to the following conditions, which you acknowledge are essential to protect Keep America Beautiful rights in the Marks and are each a material condition upon which permission of Keep America Beautiful is based:
For non-profit and governmental organizations:
- You agree to register your event(s) on the America Recycles Day (“ARD”) registration and reporting database system: americarecyclesday.org
- Keep America Beautiful will grant you a revocable, royalty-free, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use and display the Marks (the KEEP AMERICA BEAUTIFUL RECYCLE logo and the AMERICA RECYCLES DAY wordmark) in connection with your participation in ARD, such use to be consistent with the ARD branding guidelines set forth at https://americarecyclesday.org/branding/guidelines/. The license shall remain valid August 1 through December 31 of the year in which it is granted.
- You agree to only use the Marks in connection with promoting public awareness of the need for recycling in the United States and acknowledge that no permission is granted to use the Marks in any other manner or in any other jurisdiction other than the United States;
- You agree that you will not use the Marks in connection with the sale of any goods or services, any commercial endeavor, any fundraising campaign, or in any manner inconsistent with the spirit of America Recycles Day, without the express prior written permission from Keep America Beautiful;
- You agree to include a prominent disclaimer on all materials you use bearing the Marks that the Marks are being used with the permission of Keep America Beautiful, in substantially the following form: “The America Recycles Day logo is a registered trademark of Keep America Beautiful, Inc., used with permission from Keep America Beautiful, Inc.”;
- You acknowledge and agree not to directly or indirectly challenge the Keep America Beautiful rights in the Marks;
- You agree to indemnify and hold Keep America Beautiful harmless from any claims by third parties resulting from your use of the Mark; and
- You agree to cease using the Marks immediately upon receiving notice from Keep America Beautiful that this permission has been revoked.
For America Recycles Day National Sponsors and Partners:
By means of a fully executed Letter of Agreement ONLY, Keep America Beautiful will grant to its official ARD National Sponsors and Partners ONLY the use of the Marks as follows:
- Keep America Beautiful will grant to the Sponsor or Partner a revocable, royalty-free, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use and display the Marks, (KEEP AMERICA BEAUTIFUL RECYCLE logo and the AMERICA RECYCLES DAY wordmark) in connection with the Sponsor’s or Partner’s brand, such use to be limited solely to mutually agreed upon advertising and promotional activities set forth in the Letter of Agreement and consistent with the ARD branding guidelines set forth at https://americarecyclesday.org/branding/guidelines/.
- Keep America Beautiful requires that the Marks be present and prominent on all promotional, advertising, and merchandising materials printed in connection with the Sponsor’s or Partner’s participation in ARD.
- The Sponsor or Partner may not use the Marks in any way that will cause any person to reasonably infer that the Sponsor is in any way endorsed by or acting on behalf of Keep America Beautiful.
- The Sponsor or Partner may not use the Marks without the consent of Keep America Beautiful to each such use.
- If Keep America Beautiful determines that the Sponsor’s or Partner’s proposed use of the Marks may be detrimental to the interests of Keep America Beautiful, Keep America Beautiful may issue instructions to the Sponsor or Partner concerning the manner, if any, in which the Sponsor or Partner may use the Marks, and the Sponsor or Partner will promptly comply with such instructions or will not use the marks as proposed.
For for-profit organizations that are not a National Sponsor or Partner:
- You agree not to use the Marks unless:
- You have contacted Keep America Beautiful, notified it of your intended usage, and formally registered your event on the America Recycles Day (“ARD”) registration and reporting database system: americarecyclesday.org; and
- You have obtained a signed confirmation from Keep America Beautiful indicating acceptance into the program, which Keep America Beautiful may provide or withhold in its sole discretion.
- Upon confirmation from Keep America Beautiful, you will be permitted to use the ARD wordmark only (America Recycles Day®) if you also include a prominent notification (on all materials that you use bearing the wordmark) that it is being used with the permission of Keep America Beautiful, in substantially the following form: “America Recycles Day mark is a registered trademark of Keep America Beautiful, Inc., used with permission from Keep America Beautiful, Inc.”
If you are interested in becoming an ARD Sponsor or Partner, and by doing so, having the ability to use the ARD Marks, please contact:
Keep America Beautiful
1010 Washington Blvd.
Stamford, CT 06901
For ARD events internal to your for-profit organization – e.g. event with employees:
In addition to items 1 – 8 applicable to nonprofit and governmental organizations, above, you agree not to use the logo mark unless you have contacted and obtained a signed agreement with Keep America Beautiful expressly providing for your use of the logo mark. You will be permitted to use the word mark only for an America Recycles Day event you host internal to your organization and subject to the condition that you agree to include a prominent notification on all materials you use bearing the wordmark – America Recycles Day® are being used with the permission of Keep America Beautiful.
For any ARD related external communications or events: You may NOT use the ARD logo for any external communications and/or marketing (including on any social media platform or press release) unless you are an official sponsor of ARD. For more information and/or permission to use the ARD logo, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.